Sunday, February 04, 2007

New York Fashion Week Coverage Fall 2007: Baby Phat














FASHION WEEK: FALL 2007- BABY PHAT FASHION SHOW There is one question I ask myself every fashion week…. why does Baby Phat put on a show during fashion week? I understand the “bling” concept, but none of the people who are invited and attend the show would ever be caught dead in the clothing. The brand’s primary customers are those who shop at Macys (like me) and those who don’t mind having Baby Phat written 200 times across their body (unlike me). Now, I have a great deal of respect for Kimora Lee Simmons as a business woman, cause anyone who can make millions off denim jumpsuits with gold cats on the butt pockets really is a marketing genius, but you don’t really need to have a fashion week show to do this. Only a few pieces from BP’s fashion week shows actually appear in stores. So, why have a fashion week show??
[Source]

Many thanks to Shopstyle.com for sponsoring this amazing collection.

No comments:

 

Copyright 2007 ID Media Inc, All Right Reserved. Crafted by Nurudin Jauhari