Saturday, September 24, 2005

My Fashion Victim Idol


Paula Abdul, originally uploaded by leFashionista.

By: Wendy Owen

For some reason, everyone likes to pick on Paula.

Maybe it’s because she is a total glamour queen in a “less is more” era, but for some reason, Paula just can’t get it right with fashion critics.

To me, Paula exonerates the kind of glamour-queen/exotic beauty that Sophia Loren generated in the 60’s. She is always dressed to impress--heels, hair, makeup, bag and dress. Even though she is a dancer by trade, I can never recall seeing a rag-mag photo of her in sloppy sweats, or even jeans and a t-shirt for that matter.

Since the 1980’s, Paula has been a style icon. For me, she wasn’t just one of my favorite musical artists, but also a fashion idol. Hello….did anyone look better in big bangs and an oversized satin jacket than Paula? I think not.

The truth is, I just think that everyone is jealous. Seriously, how many flash in the pan artists from the 80’s are still in the public eye today? Tiffany who? Furthermore, she still looks great for transcending three decades of fans.

My opinion? Keep it up Paula. Sophia still looks good today, and I’m sure you will in your golden days too. Damn the critics!

No comments:

 

Copyright 2007 ID Media Inc, All Right Reserved. Crafted by Nurudin Jauhari